Thursday, November 6, 2008

Live as the Romans Do

Todays summary: Went grocery shopping and bought ingredients for the best dinner i've ever had in a lonngg time.. and it was all homemade! Went to the Vatican: SPEECHLESS! Pictures of that tomorrow if I can get it working.. Walked around the Trastavere area, had some really good lunch - Pizza, Italian style! And beer and wine of course.. I was too close to being drunk on my first day here :/ Yeah yeah so Im a lightweight.. anyways then we hiked up the hill and saw all of Rome from the top, it was an amazing view and it was worth almost passing out to get there ;) From there we went back home, I slept for too long and forgot about dinner but mom and dad did an AMAZING job on it! Spaghetti with tomato sauce, made of tomato sauce (duhh) mushrooms, ground beef, onions, garlic, and olive oil. A fresh loaf of bread from the corner bakery came with it, along with dads own olive oil/oregano/garlic dipping stuff. So much for worrying we wouldnt like the food right dad? :) After we all got rested we went down the street for some gelato, it was good but not the best, so we'll keep looking for something better. Which means.. more gelato of course ;) Tomorrow we'll be wandering around the area of the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain, if we're lucky we'll make it to the Spanish Steps. I'm sooooo tired... I'm going to be out in 10 minutes! pray that those pictures will load tomorrow!

for now I'll be Spanish.. buenos noches! ;)

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* Oh my gosh you guys......
    I hope you know how extremely lucky you are haha. xP
    Anyway, this blog was a great idea. Now I can stalk you from practically the other side of the world. Muahahahaha.
    Kidding. lol!

    ReplyDelete